Why does the AC light blink on Chrysler Minivans
If the battery is disconnected on Chrysler minivans, the blend and mode door actuator motors “forget” their position and must be recalibrated. Thankfully, you don’t need a scan tool to do this. Just follow these steps:
1. Start the engine and set the blower motor to high.
2. Set the mode position to PANEL.
3. Open all the A/C outlets and set temperature to COLD. Move both sliders if van is equipped with passenger controls.
4. Push and hold the REAR WASHER and the REAR WIPER buttons SIMULTANEOUSLY for 5 seconds. All the LEDs will light. The unit will start calibrating.
5. The calibration is done when just the rear wiper LED is flashing. To exit the calibration program, push the rear wiper button once. If the lights continue to flash, the program has detected a problem and you must refer to a trouble code chart
© 2012 Rick MuscoplatPosted on by Rick Muscoplat