Fix Honda TCS light on trouble code 84
Trouble code 84 on a Honda is defined as TCS pressure sensor neutral position. This an indication that the traction control system has either lost its base calibration or there’s a problem with the ABS/TCS modulator control unit. Rather that start with parts replacement, Honda recommends performing the calibration. You can do this yourself.
Perform TCS pressure sensor neutral position to fix code 84
1. Clear all the pending, current and history trouble codes with your scan tool.
2. Perform the TCS pressure sensor neutral position memorization procedure.
3. Clear the codes again
4. Test drive the vehicle
TCS pressure sensor neutral position memorization procedure
Key in the OFF position
Ground the Service Check Signal (SCS) circuit at the Data Link Connector (OBDII connector under dash) with a scan tool or by grounding the brown wire in pin 9 of the DLC with a jumper wire to ground).
Close the driver’s door and then turn the ignition switch ON.
The ABS indicator will come ON for 2 seconds.
Push the TCS OFF switch ONCE within 0.5 seconds after the ABS indicator goes OFF.
Push the TCS OFF switch ONCE within 0.5 seconds after the ABS indicator comes back ON.
The TCS activation indicator will blink and the system starts pressure sensor neutral position memorization.
Wait for the ABS, TCS, and TCS activation indicator go OFF
The memorization is complete. If the indicators do not go off, try the procedure again.
NOTE: The brake fluid must be full and driver’s door closed for the procedure to work.
Test drive the vehicle
If resetting the TCS doesn’t work, replace the ABS/TCS control Module or have it rebuilt
©, 2019 Rick MuscoplatPosted on by Rick Muscoplat
- neutral position
- neutral position memorization
- neutral position memorization procedure
- position memorization procedure
- pressure sensor
- pressure sensor neutral
- pressure sensor neutral position
- pressure sensor neutral position memorization
- push the tcs off switch
- sensor neutral
- sensor neutral position
- sensor neutral position memorization
- sensor neutral position memorization procedure
- tcs activation indicator
- tcs pressure
- tcs pressure sensor
- tcs pressure sensor neutral
- tcs pressure sensor neutral position
- test drive the vehicle
- trouble code 84