How to perform an idle relearn procedure Honda
You must perform an idle relearn procedure Honda any time you replace the ECM/PCM, reset the ECM/PCM, update the ECM/PCM, replace or clean the throttle body, or disassemble the engine or the transmission.
This procedure applies to all 2009 Honda Accord 4-cyl and 6-cyl vehicles and many other Honda products.
- Turn off all electrical items like A/C, audio, lights, etc.
- Reset the ECM/PCM with a scan tool.
- Turn the ignition switch to ON (position II), and wait 2 seconds.
- Start the engine and rev the engine until you reach 3,000 RPM without any load (A/T in P or N, M/T in neutral). Continue revving until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194 °F. If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
- Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.