Toyota has issued a service bulletin #0132-10 to address a Toyota P0713 trouble code with the U760 transmission. To correct the error causing the Toyota P0713 code Toyota has redesigned the wiring harness.
The bulletin applies to the following vehicles:
2010 – 2011 Camry Drive Type(s): 2WD
Engine(s): 2AR Transmission(s): 6AT VDS(s): BF3EK
2009 – 2010 Highlander Drive Type(s): 2WD
Engine(s): 1AR Transmission(s): 6AT VDS(s): DA41A, ZA3EH
2009 – 2010 Venza Drive Type(s): 4WD, 2WD
Engine(s): 1AR Transmission(s): 6AT
VDS(s): BA3BB, BE11A, ZA3BB, ZE11A
Toyota has redesigned the transaxle wiring harness to correct the problem. The revised harness is #82125-73010. You’ll have to drop the transmission pan and replace the gasket # 35168-73010. You’ll also need a new O-ring for the oil strainer #90301-27010, a new overflow plug #90430-A0002, and a gasket for the refill plug # 90430-A0003.
1) Remove three nuts for the left hand engine mount and support the engine with a rubber covered jack stand.
2) Raise the transmission 1.2” and remove the 19 transmission pan bolts. Drain the fluid and remove the pan gasket
3) Remove two bolts holding the oil strainer attached to the valve body. Then remove the O-ring from the strainer and replace with new
4) Remove 11 bolts holding the valve body. Disconnect 8 electrical connectors and the harness clamp.
5) Remove the bolt, lock plate, and transmission wires from the valve body.
6) Coat the new harness O-ring with ATF and connect to valve body with 8-ft/lb
7) Connect the 8 electrical connectors to the valve body and torque to specs shown below
Bolt A, B, C: 11 N*m (112 kgf*cm, 8 ft*lbf)
Bolt D: 9.6 N*m (98 kgf*cm, 85 in*lbf)
Bolt A: 25 mm (0.984 in.)
Bolt B: 30 mm (1.18 in.)
Bolt C, D: 35 mm (1.38 in.)
8) Reinstall the remaining components in reverse order
©, 2016 Rick MuscoplatPosted on by Rick Muscoplat