How to do a break-in procedure on a Catalytic Converter
When you replace a catalytic converter, you must conduct a special catalytic converter break in procedure. If you skip this step, you’ll destroy the new converter.
Here’s the catalytic converter break-in procedure:
• Start the vehicle, but do not rev the engine;
• Idle the vehicle and allow it to warm up slowly;
• After 5 minutes, increase the engine speed to 2500 rpm;
• Hold at 2500 rpm for 2 minutes; and
• Allow vehicle to cool down completely.
©, 2014 Rick MuscoplatPosted on by Rick Muscoplat