Hyundai car theft fix
Hyundai has issued a service bulletin #23-0014H dated February, 2023 to address the lack of immobilizer on certain Hyundai vehicles that has resulted in a rapid rise in Hyundai car theft events. The fix involves an IBU/BCM software update and the update is to be installed on all affected vehicles before delivery and any time the vehicle is in for service.
Vehicles affected by Hyundai service bulletin #23-0014H and Service Campaign 993
• Certain 2015-2019 Sonata (LFa) vehicles with VINs starting with 5NP and NOT equipped with an immobilizer and start/stop system
• Certain 2017-2020 Elantra (AD/ADa) vehicles with VINs starting with 5NP and NOT equipped with an immobilizer and start/stop system
• Certain 2020-2021 Venue (QX) vehicles with NOT equipped with an immobilizer and start/stop system
What Hyundai will do to prevent the theft of your vehicle
• Hyundai will update the software in your vehicle to revise the burglar alarm system in the vehicle to assist in preventing theft using the methods depicted on social media.
• If you have an aftermarket alarm system it may not operate after this software update
• After the software update you must use the key fob buttons to activate and deactivate the anti-theft system. You must use the key fob system to deactive the anti-theft system before attempting to start the vehicle.
©, 2023 Rick MuscoplatPosted on by Rick Muscoplat