Nissan U1000 trouble code
Diagnose and fix Nissan U1000 trouble code
The Controller Area Network (CAN) is a serial communication line for digital communication between modules. The CAN bus is a high speed multiplex communication system with excellent error detection ability. A U1000 trouble code means there’s a problem with the CAN bus.
Nissan issues a service bulletin NTB06-009a
Nissan has issued a service bulletin NTB06-009a to address a common Nissan U1000 trouble code on the vehicles listed below.
Nissan has found that the U1000 trouble code is most often caused by faulty ground connections. The service bulletin states that you should check and clean the following grounds:
• Clean/re-tighten ECM ground connections.
• Clean/re-tighten negative battery cable body connection and battery post connection.
• Ensure good contact between the steering member assembly and the left side instrument stay assembly
1) Remove the nut or bolt that holds the terminal eyelet(s).
2) Clean the following surfaces on each ECM ground terminal. Clean both sides of the eyelet and the eyelet mounting surface. Do not remove paint from painted surfaces in the engine compartmentto improve ground. Doing so may cause corrosion/rust.
Clean the Nut/bolt threads.
Clean the female threads in bolt holes (use the correct size tap).
Reinstall and tighten the nut or bolt that holds the terminal eyelet.
3) If the ECM ground terminals are attached to the steering member assembly (cross
brace under the dash), remove the fasteners (nuts, bolts, screws) that attach the left side instrument stay assembly (cross brace support) to the steering member assembly and clean the mounting surfaces and fastener threads. Then reassemble and tighten the fasteners.
Vehicles affected by Nissan service bulletin NTB06-00
2002 – 2003 Maxima (A33)
2004 – 2006 Maxima (A34)
2004 – 2006 Titan (A60)
2004 – 2006 Armada (TA60)
2002 – 2006 Sentra (B15)
2005 – 2006 Frontier (D40)
2002 – 2006 Altima (L31)
2005 – 2006 Xterra (N50)
2005 – 2006 Pathfinder (R51)
2004 – 2006 Quest (V42)
2003 – 2006 350Z (Z33)
2003 – 2006 Murano (Z50)
©, 2022 Rick MuscoplatPosted on by Rick Muscoplat