Fix trouble codes P1287, P1288 on Honda Civic
P1287 (Rocker arm oil pressure switch circuit high voltage)
P1288 (Rocker arm oil pressure switch circuit low voltage)
If you own a 2006-11 Honda Civic with a check engine light and either a P1287 or P1288 trouble code, read this post. Honda has issued a service bulletin to address a P1287 or P1288 issue with these Honda Civics.
Honda has determined that the rocker arm oil pressure switch may fail intermittently causing the trouble codes and check engine light
Honda has redesigned the switch and issued new part numbers. Buy the new switch from a Honda dealer and install it yourself to fix the problem.
Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch: P/N 37250-PNE-G01
O-Ring (13 mm X 1.5 mm): P/N 91319-PAA-A01
- Remove the rocker arm oil pressure switch and the O-ring.
- Install the new rocker arm oil pressure switch and the new O-ring. Torque the oil pressure switch to 22 N•m (16 lb-ft).
- Clear the trouble codes and test drive the vehicle.
Honda labor guide shows .2 hr for the repair.
©, 2015 Rick MuscoplatPosted on by Rick Muscoplat
- arm oil
- arm oil pressure
- arm oil pressure switch
- arm oil pressure switch circuit
- check engine
- check engine light
- engine light
- honda civic
- oil pressure
- oil pressure switch
- oil pressure switch circuit
- p1287 or p1288
- pressure switch
- pressure switch circuit
- rocker arm
- rocker arm oil
- rocker arm oil pressure
- rocker arm oil pressure switch
- switch circuit
- trouble codes