Fix a P2422 code on Honda Civic
Honda has issued a technical service bulletin # 11-036 to address a Honda Civic P2422 on the vehicles listed below
2006-11 Civic – ALL except Si and GX
2006-11 Civic Si – ALL*
If you own a Honda Civic and the check engine light is on with a P2422 trouble code, this applies to you. The P2422 EVAP canister vent shut valve stuck closed malfunction code relates to the evaporative emissions system. To learn more about the EVAP system, click here
Canister Drain Tube (2007-11 models): #17744-SNA-A01
Canister Drain Tube (2006 models): #17744-SNA-A10
Here’s the fix:
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift.
2. Remove the EVAP canister cover.
3. Locate both ends of the EVAP canister vent tube.
4. Detach the vent tube mounting clips.
5. Disconnect the vent tube from the EVAP canister and the fitting on the body.
6. Remove the left front fuel tank support strap bolt, and loosen the rear bolt.
7. Remove the original EVAP canister vent tube, and install the replacement tube in its place.
8. Reinstall the left front fuel tank support strap bolt, and torque both strap bolts to 38 N.m (28 lb-ft).
9. Connect the vent tube to the EVAP canister and the fitting on the body.
10. Secure the vent tube with the mounting clips.
11. Reinstall the EVAP canister cover.
12. Clear the DTC with the HDS, then run the EVAP system function test.
©, 2015 Rick MuscoplatPosted on by Rick Muscoplat