How to Reset oil life monitor BMW
For BMW model years 2006-2010 try this manual sequence first
However, the oil life monitor cannot be reset manually on many late model BMW vehicles. You must use a reset tool. See the tools below.
1. Turn ignition key one click or press of the START/STOP button.
2. Press and hold the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button for 10 seconds.
3. The upper display will illuminate an icon for a service item. With each icon, the lower instrument cluster will display the mileage remaining until service is requires. Press the button repeatedly until the icon you want lights up.
4. Press and hold the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button again, and the lower display screen will indicate “OK” or “DUE.”
5. Pressing the Instrument Cluster Set/Reset button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower window for that ser¬vice. Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only. Repeat the procedure for any additional service reset needs.
6. Turn the ignition off, and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For BMW models 2002-2005 use this procedure:
1. Turn ignition to ON but do not start engine.
2. Press the RESET button on the top left side of the instru¬ment cluster for 10 seconds to display a four-line menu in the speedometer.
3. Press the RESET button or LOWER AXIAL (FAS) button on the turn signal/high beam switch to scroll through the menu.
4. Select ENGINE OIL and press the RESET button for a few seconds to display a two-line menu in the tachometer.
5. Press the RESET (or AXIAL) button to select the SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE.
6. Press the RESET button again for a few seconds.
7. Turn the ignition off, and start the engine to verify the indi¬cator has been reset.
© 2012 Rick MuscoplatPosted on by Rick Muscoplat