Toyota 1.8L firing order and spark plug gap — 2ZR-FE/FAE/FXE
Toyota 1.8 liter firing order and spark plug gap
Here is a Toyota 1.8 liter firing order engine layout diagram
If you’re doing a tune-up, you’ll need the Toyota 1.8-liter firing order engine layout diagram
This 1.8-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine was introduced in 2007 as an alternative for the 1ZZ-FE power unit. Toyota produces different variants of the 2ZR depending on vehicle models.
Base 2ZR-FE engine specifications
• aluminum cylinder block with spiny-type cast iron liners, steel connecting rods and lightweight pistons with resin-coated skirts.
• Pistons cooled by engine oil spray
• aluminum 16-valve cylinder head
• timing chain and two overhead camshafts.
• roller rocker arms with hydraulic lash adjusters
• variable intake and exhaust timing – Dual VVT-I system.
• plastic intake manifold
• electronically controlled throttle body
• sequential fuel injection system
• coil-on-plug ignition system with iridium-tipped thin-electrode type
2ZR-FAE engine specifications
• The 2ZR-FAE (2009 – present) replaced the 1ZZ-FED and the 2ZR-FE engine in some vehicles.
• Dual VVT-I and Valvamatic system consumes 5-10% less fuel than the 2ZR-FE and produce slightly more power.
2ZR-FXE engine specifications
• The 2ZR-FXE (2010 – present) is another modification of the 2ZR-FE engine.
• Atkinson cycle operation, VVT-i for the intake camshaft only, 13.0:1 compression ratio cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system.
Toyota 1.8 liter engine construction
Cylinder block material: Aluminum
Cylinder head material: Aluminum
Fuel type: Gasoline
Fuel system: Multiport Fuel injection
Valves per cylinder: 4 DOHC
Toyota 1.8 liter engine oil specifications
Engine oil weight: 5W-30
Engine oil capacity: 7.9-qt, filter .42-qt
Oil change interval: 10,000 (15,000 km) /12 month
Toyota 1.8 Engine Applications
Toyota Corolla Rumion
Toyota C-HR hybrid
Toyota Voxy Hybrid
©, 2022 Rick Muscoplat
Posted on by Rick Muscoplat