Fix Honda power windows slow or reverses
Honda has issued a service bulletin #10-011 to address a Honda power windows slow or reverses condition. The symptoms appear as a window that reverses while going up, is slow, or squeaks, creaks, clunks, or clicks while in operation. The service bulletin addresses the vehicles listed below.
Honda vehicles affected by service bulletin #10-011
2003–10 Accord – ALL
2006–10 Civic – ALL
2007–10 Civic Hybrid – ALL
2007–10 CR-V – ALL
2003–10 Element – ALL
2009–10 Fit – ALL
2010 Insight – ALL
2005–10 Odyssey – ALL
2009–10 Pilot – ALL
2006–10 Ridgeline – ALL
What causes the Honda power windows slow or reverses condition?
Honda has determined that the windows channels may be dry or dirty. Clean the window channels and grease with Shin-Etsu Grease: P/N 08798-9013.
Perform a manual window reset procedure
1. Turn the IGN key to ON.
2. Lower the window all the way
3. Open the driver’s or front passenger’s door.
4. Complete steps 4 thru 7 within 5-seconds. Turn the IGN switch to LOCK.
5. Push down and hold the power window switch.
6. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
7. Release the power window switch.
8. Lower the window all the way down
9. Pull up and hold the power window switch until the window goes all the way up, then continue holding the switch for 1 second.
Make sure the auto-up/down feature works by lowering and raising the window with the power window switch. If it doesn’t work, repeat the manual reset several times, paying close attention to the 5-second time limit.
©, 2020 Rick Muscoplat
Posted on by Rick Muscoplat